When to hire an SEO consultant or manager for your business
When is the best time to hire a search engine optimization (SEO) consultant or manager? The answer is anytime.
However, some situations may require their services more urgently. Here are some examples of when you should consider working with a web optimization expert.
4 signs it’s time to hire an SEO team
These are some signs that it’s time to call in reinforcements. Below are some signs that tell you it’s time to partner with an SEO agency or marketer.
1. You have no idea about SEO
SEO is not for the faint-hearted. It is one of the most complex strategies in the world for several reasons:
- Its guidelines evolve over time. SEO today is very different from five or ten years ago. Search engine algorithms change frequently, as do online consumer habits and behaviors. User experience (UX) is important in web design and optimization as more and more people use mobile devices.
- Many factors impact SEO. According to Digital Authority Partners (DAP), a reliable optimization consultant must know the main trends in optimization. These include understanding the main lifeblood of the web, writing long-form content, and generating quality backlinks.
- External factors can also influence optimization. Unforeseen events such as the COVID-19 pandemic can force companies to change their marketing strategies almost overnight. Unless you have an in-house expert who closely monitors these changes and is always on top of the latest trends, it can be difficult to keep up.
- SEO is data driven. A successful SEO campaign requires constant analysis and split testing. The process of measuring results, modifying and re-measuring can be time-consuming and requires specific technical skills.
Optimization tools can’t do much, especially if your SEO knowledge only scratches the surface. You need an experienced consultant to make sense of data and deliver actionable recommendations.
2. You enjoy creating a cohesive digital marketing plan
At first glance, an online marketing campaign seems disjointed. For example, you have separate techniques for how to build social media followers. The rules also appear to be separate for posting paid ads, writing emails, and optimizing web pages.
The reality is that all of these digital marketing channels influence each other, and SEO is the tie that ties it all together. Here’s how:
- A well-designed SEO strategy considers the big picture and how each element affects your rankings on search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Optimization also looks at creating customer personas. This step is essential to formulate the right message and call to action (CTA) for each marketing channel.
- SEO can help you reuse content for other digital marketing platforms, such as using blog posts as social media updates or infographics for email marketing.
- Search engine marketing (SEM) supports your SEO efforts by delivering paid traffic to your website while you’re still building organic reach.
- Good SEO can make your paid ads more effective by increasing your Quality Score, which lowers your cost per click.
- Your social media posts will be more likely to be seen if you optimize them for the right keywords.
An SEO specialist on your team unifies all your digital marketing initiatives and keeps them from working against each other.
3. You want to maximize your digital marketing budget
A recent survey revealed a growing problem among businesses wanting to capitalize on online marketing today.
Nearly 60% of business leaders said they wanted to spend more on online advertising this year. They could even increase it by more than 15% in 2023.
However, at least 30% of marketers said they have yet to see meaningful returns on their spend. Unless they do, their ideal budgets could shrink.
What causes the gap? Lots, from a steep learning curve doing analytics to disorganized integrated marketing strategies and difficulty knowing the current customer journey.
But the solution can be simple: call an SEO agency to help you maximize financial resources.
Here’s how an optimization consultant can save you money:
- They can review your existing website and digital marketing campaigns to find areas for improvement.
- An expert can also help you put the right tools and processes in place to make your team more efficient.
- You may be paying for premium services that you don’t even need, because an optimization specialist can find equally good alternatives.
- Experienced SEO consultants can align their strategies with your business goals so you don’t spend money on haphazard marketing initiatives.
- SEO teams can actually work on your budget, finding ways to stretch it as much as possible without sacrificing quality.
4. You’re not seeing the results you want
Nothing is more frustrating and disappointing than poor online marketing performance. You are missing the chance to increase your leads, conversions, and revenue. It feels like wasting valuable resources like time and money.
Many factors can explain why your campaigns are not working as expected:
- Your customer retention process is complicated. Your company does business with so many challenges in customer relationship management, such as fierce competition, rapidly changing technology and demanding customers. It can be difficult to keep track of what your target market wants and how you can improve customer retention.
- Your website has a high cart abandonment rate. If this happens, it indicates a problem with the customer experience you provide on your site. One of the main contributing factors is a complicated checkout process that confuses potential buyers.
If you’re unhappy with the results of your digital marketing, it might be time to hire an SEO agency. They can help you in two ways: get a different perspective than someone on the outside and develop an action plan to change things.
When to hire an SEO consultant or manager is up to you. Be honest about whether you can do it all on your own and whether you’re willing to put in the time and effort to learn.
Doing it yourself and outsourcing the work have advantages and disadvantages. The key is to understand what your business goals are, what resources you have available, and how much time and energy you are willing to invest.
Working with an SEO agency, however, offers more benefits than problems. It speeds up results, saves you money and makes your digital marketing strategies effective.
We may receive commissions and other income from this article. We are a paid partner of the organizations mentioned in this article.