Internet mining is the antidote to poverty
By Reno Omokri
In today’s world, except in very rare circumstances, poverty is a lifestyle choice, or a function of ignorance, for there are endless possibilities for creating wealth with minimal effort and an average intellectual contribution.
And this information must spread like wildfire in Africa, as our continent is needlessly plagued by poverty that can be tackled if African governments know what they are doing.
Take a country like Nigeria. There are 100 million active mobile phone lines in Nigeria, the vast majority of which are internet enabled smartphones.
Yet there is no concerted effort on the part of the government to communicate en masse to its citizens how to legally make money via the Internet.
In fact, in Nigeria, the reverse is true. The Buhari administration has demonized the Internet and wealth creation so much that any apparently prosperous youngster is automatically suspected of Internet crime, the proof of their criminality being their prosperity.
The Buhari junta expects Nigerians to be poor, and when you as a Nigerian have refused to be poor you become suspect in the eyes of this Taliban government.
Yes, there are scams on the Internet just like there are scams on the Internet. One of the most important of these scams was the many promises made to Nigerians by General Buhari in 2014-2015, the most important of which was to end the fuel shortage because it is a scam (the fuel subsidy increased), to pay an allowance to job seekers. (instead, he increased the number of unemployed), to defeat Boko Haram (he added killer shepherds and bandits to the mix) and to fight corruption (don’t even let me go!).
However, this is only a small part of the story. The truth is, while you had to mine the Earth for minerals and crude oil, in today’s world you are likely to make a lot more money by mining the Internet.
Look at the biggest companies on Earth. Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Google and Alibaba. They are all internet based. No one needs to engage in internet scams, romance scams, and credit card frauds. Use your trick to make money on the Internet legally.
Instead of letting the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arrest young people willy-nilly, even if they are innocent, the government should ask the National Guidance Agency to launch a mass mobilization campaign to educate the 100 million Nigerian phones. users of the creative and legal ways to make money on the Internet.
Elsewhere, I’ve written about 21 Ways People Can Make Money on the Internet. I will now increase this list to thirty.
21 side activities you can still do with or without a full-time job:
Online voice over artist
Quora questioner or answering machine
Stock market trader
Virtual assistant / PA
Chat-based customer service agent
CV Writer / Writer
Creator of applications
Professional app reviewer
Online Music Review
Online personal fitness trainer
Over the past few weeks, I’ve written or recorded step-by-step guides on how to make money from these specific businesses. And today I am going to give guides on another of these opportunities.
It is possible to make a guide for each of them, but the space will not allow it. So this is it :
A step-by-step guide to making money with the Amazon Kindle Edition:
1. Create an Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) account. If you already have an Amazon account, use it to log into the KDP system. Otherwise, create a new KDP account.
2. Add a new Kindle ebook (a “new title”). Since this is your first book on Amazon, you will not have any titles listed yet. Click on the “+ Kindle eBook” box to add a new Kindle book.
3. Enter the title and subtitle of your book. The title of your book is of crucial importance. Readers start judging your book as soon as they see the cover, and the title is the first thing they read.
4. Enter the author’s name. If there is more than one author, enter the other names using the Contributors box.
5. Enter the description of your book
6. Check your posting rights. If you are the author of the book, choose the radio button that says “I own the copyright and I hold the necessary publishing rights.”
7. Choose your keywords. Think about it carefully. When you fill in these boxes, what you are actually saying is: when people enter these words into an Amazon search, I want my book to appear.
8. Choose two categories for your book
9. Choose the appropriate age range (if applicable).
10. Choose your book release option.
11. Select the DRM rights. Make sure you have DRM enabled. Digital rights management prevents people from copying your book and sending it to others for free.
12. Upload your book and book cover.
13. Preview your book.
14. Choose your territories (preferably all territories).
15. Choose your royalty and price.
Amazon Direct Publishing is a very profitable business. And let me give you an idea for a book. If you were a con man, why not consider turning a new leaf and writing a book tentatively titled “Memoirs of a Repentant Con man.”
Believe me, such a book will be an international bestseller. And instead of ending up like Hushpuppi, you could sign a deal with Netflix to have your book turned into a movie or TV series.
No kidding! Fifty Shades of Gray, perhaps the most successful book published in the past decade, was self-published on Amazon Direct Publishing by British author EL James (real name Erika Mitchell.
EL James herself expressed her shock at the groundbreaking success of her book, which she wrote in a state of excitement after watching the “Twilight” film series.
These are his exact words, “The explosion of interest took me completely by surprise.”
The book series has now sold 180 million copies worldwide and has grossed £ 114 million for EL James. And that’s the job she did as an amateur, like you. It was a difficult first book. She had no experience. All she had was internet access, a smartphone and a laptop. The same thing you have in your hands complaining that you are unemployed!
The nuggets of Reno:
Cristiano Ronaldo’s jersey can cost up to $ 120, but you’ll buy it anyway, because you love Ronaldo. But when your friends sell stuff for just $ 10, you’re begging them for a free product. Who needs money between a billionaire like Ronaldo and your friends? Don’t treat people who don’t know you exist better than your friends. True love is manifested by loving the people you know and interact with, not by showering affection on celebrities you fantasize about. Let your disposable income flow among your friends and family, not your celebrities and favorites!